As Hippocrates stated in first two lines of his Aphorismi – “Ars Longa, Vita Brevis” (eng. “Art is long, life is short”).
Art has for centuries been the way people has expressed their opinions, thoughts, and ideas. However, for many years, art was treated as something accessible only for the so-called talented artists and fat cats who can afford buying it.
Nowadays, these dogmas tend to fade away. With the Internet as a driving force, art now becomes available for everyone. In cooperation with Wiredelta®, we are proudly presenting Artifu, a platform for sharing and finding art from all around the globe!
Disclaimer: The information and screenshots presented below reflect the website and/or application at the moment of its publication. Wiredelta does not have a maintenance agreement in place with this client, therefore all changes and updates that occurred after this date have been made by the client.
When someone shares or sells his work of art with the world, a very controversial situation happens. Since art experts tend to be picky, the level of criticism might be very fierce. For this reason, many artists stay in shade and are not presented in galleries.
Another problem that comes into mind is the geographical location of artists. In the early 20th century, all artists were dreaming about a trip to Paris where most popular critics, artists, galleries, and exhibitions were, but only the lucky ones could go there and reach fame. Sometimes, people might live in areas where the art industry is not that common and there is a little chance to demonstrate artwork.
Artifu, powered by Wiredelta, has a solution for both of these problems!
Artifu is an online art portal that doesn’t own any piece of art. Instead, it operates as a trade platform connecting artists and collectors together. There is no need to be a professional artist or photographer to share your art.
In this platform, anyone can upload their photos, leaving collectors just a few clicks away from buying it.
There are several competitive advantages Artifu has over traditional art galleries:
- Beautiful and simple design – Wiredelta created a striking, user-friendly site to match artists’ and collector’s demands.
- Easy process – Wiredelta designed Artifu in such a way that setting up as an artist or collector is very quick and convenient. Also, it is easy for collectors to navigate through the website and find exactly what you are interested in as a collector. Finally, artists can upload their pieces of art even from mobile phones!
- No critics decide what real art is – At Artifu, there are no art specialists who decide what should be exhibited and not. Anyone can share their art.
- No risks – Artifu is the only intermediary between the sellers and buyers. Therefore, there is no risk of claims.
- Large display – Due to the fact that there is no limitation for uploading pictures, Artifu allows artists to display their more examples of their artwork.
- Strong cash position – In order to ensure stable development, Artifu constructively works with capital.
Artifu is a mobile responsive website built in AngularJS using NodeJS as backend framework. The technology choice was made based on the need to make a very custom backend and frontend that caters to the audience Artifu is targeting.
Talents need to be supported and promoted. Due to that, Artifu’s vision is to remove the limits from art. Now, regardless of geographical location, all artists can exhibit and sell their artworks!
Artifu’s goal is to become the world’s leading provider of digital images with the support of Wiredelta!
The internet tends to remove borders that were set before, and art is not the exception. Now, artists and collectors have a great opportunity to meet each other without leaving their rooms!
With Artifu, art has no borders, we don’t want artists to be underestimated by contemporaries as Van Gogh and El Greco, right?